Registration in Additional Support Needs
Registration in Additional Support Needs (ASN) covers the 3 to 18 years age range.
- Be fully registered in Primary or Secondary (Subject)
- Hold an appropriate ASN award. This award will need to:
- be equivalent to a minimum of 60 Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) credit points
- be at SCQF level 9 or above
- have included courses/ modules with a sufficiently broad and general content to cover pupils with a range of additional support needs, for example the Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma in Inclusive Practice
Common ASN awards we accept
|University of Aberdeen|
PG Cert in Inclusive Practice
|University of Dundee||PG Cert in Inclusive Practice|
|University of Edinburgh||PG Cert in Inclusive Practice|
|University of Glasgow||PG Cert in Inclusive Education: Research, Policy and Practice|
|University of Strathclyde||PG Cert in Inclusive Education|
|University of the West of Scotland||PG Cert in Education Studies (Inclusion)|
|Queen Margaret University||PG Cert Collaborative Working: Education and Therapy|
If you have not worked in an ASN capacity, you will be asked to complete a probationary period of 135 days.
How do I apply?
Complete the application form below, and submit this along with the following documents:
- Copy of ASN award certificate
- Copy of ASN award transcript (showing the courses/ modules completed during your studies).
- Details of a referee who can comment on your most recent teaching in ASN.
For resources to support teachers and lecturers working with pupils and students with ASN, see: