Raise a concern

If you have a concern about the safety or wellbeing of a child, please contact: 

  • Police Scotland,  
  • your local children’s social work team or  
  • the Scottish Children’s Reporter. 

Employers and former employers

Employers can make a conduct referral or competence recommendation to us about a teacher or college lecturer. In certain cases, employers have a legal duty to refer a teacher or college lecturer to us.  

Members of the public

Members of the public can make a referral to us if they have concerns about a teacher or college lecturer’s conduct.   If they have concerns about a teacher’s competence, they should raise this with an employer.

Teachers and college lecturers can also refer themselves to us.

Contact the police if your concern is of a criminal nature.