How do I change my details?

It is a registration requirement to notify us of any changes to your contact and employment details.

Log in to MyGTCS to notify us of a change of address, contact telephone number, email addresses and/or employer.

Change of Name

To notify us of a name change, please email and attach a copy of a document providing proof of name change. We accept the following documents as proof of name change: a marriage certificate, civil partnership certificate, divorce certificate or change of name deed. Please scan or photograph this certificate, and save it in PDF format with the title “Your Last Name as previously on the register – Your GTC Scotland Registration Number”. Please use the email subject “Change of Name”.

Add Qualifications

The qualifications used to award GTC Scotland registration will be listed on your MyGTCS homepage following successful application for registration. 

You can add further qualifications via MyPL at your own discretion, and for your own records, in the Employments and Qualifications section. These will not show on the MyGTCS homepage, and are not required for registration with us, so you do not need to tell us about them.

If you have gained a qualification that meets the academic requirement for registration in an additional subject or sector, you can add this to your registration.


Be aware

Keeping your details up-to-date

Please be aware, if you do not keep your details up-to-date and we are unable to contact you, you can be removed from the register.
© The General Teaching Council for Scotland - Registered Scottish Charity No. SC006187