Return to the Register (left or lapsed)

To re-register, email us with scanned copies of all the information listed below to with the subject line ‘Return to the Register’. For any other enquiries in relation to registration, please use our contact form.

Teachers may be interested in our ‘It’s time to return to teaching in Scotland’ booklet.

Information you will need to provide

Your GTC Scotland Registration Number (if known)
Full name as it appeared on the Register prior to lapsing
Full name now (if changed) If your name has changed, please attach a copy of proof of name change (marriage certificate, civil partnership certificate or change of name deed as appropriate)
Date of birth
Current full postal address
Telephone number
Email address
Are you a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme? If so, please include a copy of your PVG membership certificate. If you do not have a copy of your certificate, please let us know your membership type (children, children and protected adults, protected adults). You can call Disclosure Scotland (03000 200 040) to get this information. Find out more about the PVG Scheme.
A Criminal Record check if you have spent three months or more in a single period in a non-UK country in the last ten years. Find out more about Criminal Record checks.
If you have completed a Return to Teaching Course, you should provide evidence of successful award
Only if you were provisionally registereda completed Reference using this form.
Copy of the photograph page of your passport and/or driving licence
Copy of your birth certificate or other form of identification
Copy of a utility bill showing your current address