Qualified in Scotland (teacher)

If you were awarded a teaching qualification from a Scottish Higher Education Institution (HEI) in Primary or Secondary education, you may be able to apply for registration. It is a legal requirement for all teachers working in Scottish schools to be registered with GTC Scotland.

If you were previously registered with GTC Scotland, with either Provisional Registration or Full Registration, read more information on returning to the register.

If you completed a teaching qualification in Primary or Secondary Education at a Scottish Higher Education Institution, and did not apply for registration with GTC Scotland, contact our registration team with the following information.

Information you will need to complete application for registration

Full name
Date of birth
Current full postal address
Telephone number
Email address
Are you a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme? If so, please include a copy of your PVG membership certificate or, if you do not have your certificate, confirmation of your membership type (children, children and protected adults, protected adults). Find out more about the PVG Scheme.
A Criminal Record check if you have spent three months or more in a single period in a non-UK country in the last ten years. Find out more about Criminal Record checks.
If you have completed a Return to Teaching Course, you should provide evidence of successful award
Copy of the photograph page of your passport and/or driving licence
Copy of your birth certificate or other form of identification
Copy of a utility bill showing your current address

Once you have the required information, attach these to an email and send to gtcs@gtcs.org.uk with the subject line ‘Qualified in Scotland application’.