Qualified in Scotland – College Lecturer
If you are a college lecturer, obtained your teaching qualification in Scotland, and would like to apply for registration with GTC Scotland, please provide your details using the form below.
Am I eligible to apply for full registration with GTC Scotland?
To be considered for full registration as a college lecturer you need:
- Either the Teaching Qualification in Further Education (TQFE) from a Scottish Higher Education Institution (offered at Aberdeen, Dundee and Stirling and the University of the Highlands and Islands) or an equivalent. Accepted equivalents include those with a recognised Primary or Secondary teaching qualification awarded in Scotland and teaching experience in Further Education. To check if your school teaching qualification is recognised, see the Teach in Scotland sections on becoming a Primary or Secondary teacher).
- 190 days of teaching experience in a college setting with adult learners.
- The provision of a satisfactory Disclosure Scotland Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme membership record. You will be sent a link to the relevant form after you have submitted your registration application. There are three possible routes:
- If you are a member of the PVG Scheme and your membership covers work with children and protected adults, you will complete an Existing PVG Scheme Member Application as part of the GTC Scotland application process. Disclosure Scotland charge an £18 fee for this. If there is new information on your PVG scheme record, you will be required to complete a further full scheme record check for an additional £41.
- If you are not a member of the PVG Scheme, you will need to complete a PVG Scheme application for working with children and protected adults.
- If you are a member of the PVG Scheme, and hold membership for working with protected adults only, you will need to complete a PVG Scheme application to add children to your membership.
- A satisfactory referee report form from your current college employer. We will send this form to your nominated referee(s) after you have submitted your application.
What documents do I need to register?
How much does Registration with GTC Scotland cost?
|Not a member of the PVG Scheme||Existing member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme|
|To join PVG Scheme Membership||£59||Existing PVG Scheme member application|
(If there is new information on your PVG scheme record, you will be required to complete a further full scheme record check for an additional £41 payable by you to Disclosure Scotland.)
|Registration Administration Fee||£65||Registration Administration Fee||£65|
Annual Registration Fee
Following successful registration, you will be required to pay the Initial Registration Fee (£65) and an ongoing Annual Registration Fee (£65). Find out more about the Annual Registration Fee.
Complete this form to start your application. We will contact you with a link to the registration application form.