Proof of registration

For Scottish employers

If you are looking for proof of your registration for a Scottish employer you can direct them to Search the Register, where your registration status is recorded.

For employers outside Scotland

Letter of Professional Standing

The Letter of Professional Standing (LOPS) can be used as proof of registration for employers in other countries.

The letter states that you are registered with us or are eligible for registration. The letter confirms that you are either qualified as a Primary teacher or as a Secondary Education teacher including the subject. It further states that registration was not suspended, revoked or cancelled for any reason.

In the vast majority of cases, other countries may require you to be registered with GTC Scotland. We urge you to check with the specific country to establish what the requirements are.

The administration fee of £35 must be paid to GTC Scotland before the LOPS can be issued.

Never registered with us?

If you have never registered with GTC Scotland and require confirmation of your teacher qualification, you should contact your education institution for a certificate of your qualification.

© The General Teaching Council for Scotland - Registered Scottish Charity No. SC006187
Website designed and built by mtc.