How to return to the Register (chose to leave or lapsed through non-payment)

Information you will need to provide

  • Your GTC Scotland Registration Number (if known)
  • Full name as it appeared on the Register prior to lapsing
  • Full name now (if changed) If your name has changed, please attach a copy of proof of name change (marriage certificate, civil partnership certificate or change of name deed as appropriate)
  • Date of birth
  • Current full postal address
  • Telephone number
  • Email address
  • Are you a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme? If so, please include a copy of your PVG membership certificate. If you do not have a copy of your certificate, please let us know your membership type (children, children and protected adults, protected adults). You can call Disclosure Scotland (03000 200 040) to get this information. Find out more about the PVG Scheme.
  • A Criminal Record check if you have spent three months or more in a single period in a non-UK country in the last ten years. Find out more about Criminal Record checks.
  • If you have completed a Return to Teaching Course, you should provide evidence of successful award
  • Only if you were provisionally registereda completed Reference using this form.
  • Copy of the photograph page of your passport and/or driving licence
  • Copy of your birth certificate or other form of identification
  • Copy of a utility bill showing your current address

To re-register, email us with scanned copies of all the information listed above to with the subject line ‘Return to the register’. For any other enquiries in relation to registration, please use our Contact Form.

Teachers may be interested in our ‘It’s time to return to teaching in Scotland’ booklet.

It’s time to return to teaching in Scotland

The content you are looking for is through this button

Did you find this article useful?

If you would like to provide any feedback or comments on this article you can do so through this form: