You can complete Professional Update sign-off using the Direct Submission process. Direct Submission allows teachers and college lecturers to submit their PU via an online form to a GTC Scotland panel for sign-off.
You can make a Direct Submission if:
- You work outside Scotland
- You are not working but want to stay on the Register of Teachers
- We have not approved your employer’s professional learning process (we call this Professional Update validation).
You should not make a Direct Submission if:
- You are absent from work with illness or on parental leave. You should contact your line manager and ask for a deferral. Read about the Deferral Process.
- You are a supply teacher. Local authorities should support supply teachers through Professional Update. If you need advice on who to contact at your local authority, get in touch with us.
How do I complete Direct Submission?
You will complete Direct Submission using MyPL.
You need to:
- Use MyGTCS to keep your contact and employment details up to date;
- Complete ongoing professional learning;
- Take part in your employer’s annual review process;
- Use the Professional Standards to self-evaluate;
- Sign-off every 5 years by following the direct submission process.