Work with us
Thank you for your interest in working with us. We have no vacancies currently. Please check back later.
Our values are:
- Trust and Respect – We know that GTC Scotland is about all of us and that we are all equally important. We actively seek out and listen to the views of others. We support each other and take time to build positive working relationships. We recognise and celebrate success and strive to deliver high-quality services to registrants.
- Integrity – We do what we say we will. Our integrity is important to us and at GTC Scotland we deliver on our plans and effectively communicate with registrants, our partners, the public, our Council members and within the organisation. We are committed to continual learning and improving what we do.
- Social Justice – Working at GTC Scotland means to embrace diversity and recognise and celebrate differences. We understand that effective wellbeing is at the heart of professionalism and seek to support each other and our registrants. We take our responsibility to actively challenge discrimination seriously.
Our principles are our values in action:
- We care: At GTC Scotland we care about education and the future of our organisation. We honour our requirements as an independent charity, professional body and regulator. We enhance professionalism in teaching in all that we do to support registrants. We believe doing this will ultimately benefit learners. We act responsibly in how we use our resources and take sustainability matters seriously.
- We add value: At GTC Scotland we focus on understanding factors that impact on our registrants. We use data to ensure our services are of high quality, provide a voice for registrants and reflect the expectations of our registrants and the public.
- We learn: At GTC Scotland we are all learners. We know we have a responsibility to keep learning, share learning and work creatively to seek positive solutions.
- We communicate: We are transparent in what we do. We work to clearly convey our messages and listen to others in a way that gains the full meaning of what’s being said and ensures we have heard and understood. We recognise that effective communication means understanding the contexts in which we work and distilling the essence of complex matters.
- We collaborate: We do very little on our own, we work with our registrants, colleagues and partners collaboratively to achieve our overall aims and enhance teaching professionalism. We understand that effective collaboration involves putting ourselves in the shoes of others and seeing an issue from their point of view.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
GTC Scotland is dedicated to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion statement
At GTC Scotland we aim to be a world-leading organisation, and equality, diversity and inclusion is an essential part of that.
GTC Scotland believes that excellence will be achieved through recognising the value of every individual.
We acknowledge the following basic rights for all those currently, or prospectively, involved in carrying out our work:
- To be treated with dignity and respect;
- To be treated fairly with regard to all procedures, assessments and choices; and
- To be encouraged to reach their full potential.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy demonstrates our commitment to the promotion of equality and diversity and how we take equality into consideration in everything we do.