The General Teaching Council for Scotland

Enhancing professionalism in education since 1965

How do I change my details?

Up-to-date details are a requirement for continuing registration.

There are different ways you can notify us of change of Name, Address, Contact Telephone Number and Email Addresses.

Through MyGTCS via our website

MyGTCS is a personalised and secure web portal which allows you to keep all of your details up-to-date and provides access to the Professional Update system where you can record your professional learning.

To access or create a MyGTCS account, use the links at the top right hand corner of this webpage. If you are a return user simply click log-in and follow the screen prompts. If you are a first time user click sign up and follow the screen prompts to generate an account.

You can also change your details by emailing or by writing to us at:

Registration Services Department
The General Teaching Council for Scotland
Clerwood House
96 Clermiston Road
EH12 6UT