Additional Support Needs Registration
As of 1 August 2014 registration will be available in Additional Support Needs (ASN). This registration covers the 3 to 18 years age range. This registration will be available to teachers who are eligible for provisional registration with GTC Scotland in a mainstream registration category and who hold an appropriate ASN award.
What are the requirements for ASN registration?
In order to apply for registration you will need to:
- Be eligible for provisional registration in a mainstream registration category (Primary Education, Secondary Education or Further Education)
- Hold an appropriate ASN award - this award will need to:
- be equivalent to a minimum of 60 Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) credit points
- be at SCQF level 9 or above
- have included courses/ modules with a sufficiently broad and general content to cover pupils with a range of additional support needs.
Applicants who are fully qualified ASN teachers in another EU/ EEA Member State should refer to the information which appears in the appropriate part of the Qualified Outside Scotland section.
How do I apply?
Teachers who are currently registered with GTC Scotland should complete the application form which can be downloaded and submitted to the Registration Services department along with the following documents:
- Copy of ASN award certificate
- Copy of ASN award transcript (showing the courses/ modules completed during your studies).
You are also asked to nominate a referee who can comment on your most recent teaching in ASN.
Teachers who have qualified outside Scotland (UK and rest of world - not EU/ EEA) and are not currently registered with GTC Scotland should see the information which appears in the appropriate part of the Qualified Outside Scotland section.
Please note, you will also need to be eligible for provisional registration in a mainstream registration category (Primary Education, Secondary Education or Further Education) in order to apply for registration in ASN.