IN THIS SECTION
The results of the 2015/16 GTC Scotland Council election are now available.
View the full details to find out who has been elected to the Council:
You can find candidates' information and election statements in the Downloads section on the right.
Council seats to be filled by co-option
Two GTC Scotland registered teachers have also been co-opted to the Council for a two year term as follows:
Teachers (including headteachers) in Primary or Nursery Schools in Scotland
Margaret Forster (Headteacher)
Teachers/Lecturers in the Further Education Sector in Scotland
Candidates elected and co-opted to the Council will take up office on 2 April 2016.
The refreshed Council will continue to take forward the work of the current Council in:
- setting standards and promoting high-quality professional learning and leadership for registrants;
- supporting and enhancing professionalism in Scottish education; and
- developing GTC Scotland policy in relation to ongoing national issues such as Curriculum for Excellence, Teaching Scotland's Future and the National Improvement Framework (as they impact on professional standards).
Key Election 2015-2016 diary dates
|16 and 17 March 2016||Induction meetings of the new Council.|
|2 April 2016||New Council members take up office.|
For further information on the role and commitment required of a member of the Council, the election process or if you require information to be provided in an alternative format, please contact:
Lisa Dobie, Council and Panel Support Officer
T: +44 (0)131 314 6021
- Category I - Teachers (including headteachers) in Primary or Nursery Schools
- Category II - Teachers (including headteachers) in Secondary Schools
- Category III - Teachers/Lecturers in the Further Education Sector
- Category IV - Teachers/Lecturers in Universities providing ITE
- Council Election 2015-16 - Timetable
- Election Policy
- Election Scheme
- Notice of Election