GTCS Strategic Plan 2017–20
We have published a new Strategic Plan, setting out what we are here to do, how we are going to do it and the impact this will have for teachers and lecturers
Our Strategic Plan for 2017–20 sets out our objectives and priorities for the coming years.
Assuring and enhancing educational professionalism; inspiring world-class learning and teaching.
Our principal aims
- To contribute to improving the quality of teaching and learning
- To maintain and improve teachers’ professional standards.
Our Strategic Objectives for 2017–20
- Set high standards and promote high quality professional learning, teaching and leadership to improve learner outcomes.
- Be an effective regulator acting in the public interest, enhancing the reputation of the Scottish teaching profession.
- Continue to improve our governance, organisational effectiveness and capability
Read the publication in full
Hard copies of the plan are available by emailing: