Registration: Scottish Learning Festival 2017
Registration for the Scottish Learning Festival (SLF) 2017 is now open.
SLF is the only free education event in Scotland welcoming thousands of educational professionals. SLF 2017 takes place on Wednesday 20 and Thursday 21 September in the SEC, Glasgow.
The theme of this year's event focusses on promoting excellence and equity for all through:
- Empowering teachers, practitioners, parents, schools and communities
- Strengthening partnerships, collaboration and networks
- Building the professional capacity of teachers, practitioners and leaders
- Fair and learner-centred funding
- Responsibility and accountability at all levels.
SLF 2017 features keynotes from:
- Deputy First Minister and Cabinet Secretary for Education and Skills, John Swinney MSP
- Renowned educationalist, Steve Munby
- Social entrepreneur and co-founder of Social Bite, Josh Littlejohn
- Members of the International Council of Education Advisers
SLF also brings you:
- Professional learning seminars where you can engage in activities and learn from practitioners and young people
- Opportunities for debate and discussions on the Scottish Attainment Challenge, the Governance Review and the National Improvement Framework
- The largest education exhibition in Scotland with more than 150 exhibitors
GTCS at the Scottish Learning Festival
Come and visit GTCS on Stand C60 at the Scottish Learning Festival to discuss teacher professionalism, professional values, Professional Update, professional learning and practitioner enquiry.
Professional learning framework: supporting and developing teacher professionalism and professional capacity.
Wednesday 20 September - 15:15-16:00. Carron 1. Seminar Code C1D.
Jacqueline Morley & Zoe Robertson
A workshop to introduce the GTCS Professional Learning Framework as a tool to build the professional capacity for teachers and leaders. This seminar will share and explore the collaborative partnerships and learning communities involved in co-creating the Framework and developing the GTCS 'Excellence in Professional Learning: Award for Schools and Learning Communities'.
The early career teacher: building capacity.
Thursday 21 September - 12:00-12:45. Alsh 1. Seminar Code A1G.
This interactive session will encourage early career teachers to reflect against the GTCS Standard for Full Registration and the Standard for Career Long Professional Learning, to identify the areas of development for which they can take responsibility and develop through appropriate professional learning opportunities.
You can register for SLF 2017 and read the full programme here.