#1minPL - Professional values into action
Professional values are at the core of the Standards.
The same values are reflected across the Standards and are relevant to all registrants regardless of situation or context.
Values are complex and work to shape who we are as professionals. They are demonstrated through our professional relationships and practices.
Professional values need to be considered at all stages of the teacher learning journey. It is an important part of being a critically reflective and enquiring professional.
Values are difficult to ‘measure’ and ‘evidence’ in practice, so it is important that we find ways to be explicit about our values. For example we can:
- Reflect on our own values
- Understand what these look like through our practice
- Consider these as a meaningful part of our self-evaluation and future planning for professional learning.
When thinking about your values ask the following questions:
- Who am I as a professional?
- Why do I think/work in this way?
Click on the link to find out more:
Values into action